Odisha Balaram Yojana:- The Government of Odisha keeps launching welfare programs and schemes to support the agricultural sector and rural development. So, the Odisha government introduced Odisha Balaram Yojana for landless farmers in the state. The scheme aimed to provide landless agricultural households with financial support and livelihood opportunities. With the help of this scheme, the state farmers will receive credit support and loan support from the state government. This yojana will prove beneficial to around seven lakh farmers in the state. The government decided to use INR 1,040 crore for the successful implementation of the scheme.
Odisha Balaram Yojana 2023
The scheme was launched to provide loans to all the landless workers in the agriculture sector. The loan will be provided for a term period of two years. The state government wants that the amount should be given to needy farmers so the scheme is implemented through different institutional structures at various levels. The scheme is implemented under many agencies like NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development), ATMA (Agricultural Technology Management Agency), IMAGE (Institute on Management of Agricultural Extension), KrushakSathis, Joint Liability Groups (JLGs), and banks.
Odisha Balaram Yojana 2023 Overview
|Name of the article
|Odisha Balaram Yojana
|Government of Odisha
|To provide loan facility to the farmers of the state
|Farmers of the state
|Department of Agriculture and Farmers Empowerment
Odisha Balaram Yojana Objective
The main objective of the Odisha Balaram Yojana is to provide financial assistance and livelihood opportunities to landless farmers of the Odisha state. The scheme focuses on enhancing the livelihoods of landless farmers by supporting various agricultural and similar activities.
Odisha Balaram Yojana Benefits
- Under this scheme, the interest rates on the loans will be set according to the Reserve Bank of India.
- Landless farmers are provided with loans that will help them to have good opportunities.
- This scheme enables them to access credit facilities for agricultural activities, addressing their financial needs and supporting their livelihoods.
- The scheme provides financial support to landless farmers who may not have access to formal banking services.
- By providing financial assistance and promoting livelihood activities, the scheme aims to enhance the income generation capacity of landless farmers.
- It helps in improving their economic conditions and reducing their dependency on uncertain sources of income.
- The Odisha Balaram Yojana is a good initiative of the Government of Odisha to uplift the lives of landless farmers.
- The stress on the farmers will be reduced after the successful implementation of the scheme.
Balaram Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- It is necessary for an individual to be from Odisha state.
- An individual should be a farmer by profession.
- The landless farmers are allowed to take benefit of the scheme.
- Aadhar Card
- identity card
- Residential certificate
- Age evidence
Application Procedure of Odisha Balaram Yojana 2023
- Firstly, visit the official website of the Government of Odisha, https://odisha.gov.in/
- The home page of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the “Apply Online” option on the home page.
- You will see a new page on the screen.
- The application form will display in front of you.
- Fill out the application form by entering all the details.
- After that upload the required documents.
- Finally, click on the Submit option on the screen.