OROP Pension Table 2023:- The Indian government announced the One Rank One Pension program amendment last year on 23 December. According to the latest report, about 4.52 lakh more receivers have been included in the list. Now, the new total number of OROP Pension receivers is 25.13 Lakh. On 23, December 2022, the Indian Union Cabinet approved the OROP amendment. According to the government, this OROP program will be including all retired officers of all branches of the armed forces. Army individuals who retired by 30th June 2019 will be included in the amendment but who have taken pre-mature retirement will not be part of this program. This was a demand of Ex-servicemen and even they approached the Supreme Court also for regarding this. The article covers the details of OROP Pension Table 2023 in details, have a look.
OROP Pension Table 2023
The changes will also provide benefits to family pensioners and widows of soldiers martyred in war and disabled pensioners. The government will be giving the arrears for the period from July 2019 to June 2022 to the receivers. An amount of ₹23,638.07 crores will be used to pay the arrears to the beneficiaries. This announcement has given a sense of relief to many Indian Army Ex-Servicemen pensioners. The beneficiaries will be receiving the Arrear Dues in four half-yearly installments. The amount will give to about 25 lakh pensioners.
One Rank One Pension Table 2023 Highlights
|Name of the article||OROP Pension Table|
|Name of Scheme||One Rank One Pension (OROP)|
|Beneficiaries||Armed Services Retirees|
|Number of recipients Added||4.52 lakh|
|New Total of OROP Pension Recipients||25.13 Lakh|
|Initiated by||Indian Government|
Benefits of OROP Pension Table
- With the help of this program, the amount of the pensions must be distributed equally to members of the armed services.
- One Rank One Pension program ensures equal pension benefits for personnel who have served for the same length of time and held the same rank, irrespective of when they retired.
- The implementation of the OROP policy has increased the morale of retired armed forces personnel.
- Through the policy, the retired personnel will get an adequate pension that will provide them with financial security.
- It will encourage people to join the armed forces and give them confidence that they will receive equal pension benefits after retirement.
Implementation of OROP Pension Table
The Indian government implemented the One Rank One Pension (OROP) policy with the motive to provide the same pension to retired military personnel of the same rank and same years of service, irrespective of the date of retirement. This program will give military people a more equitable system of pension payments. It will also enhance the morale of retired military members. The One Rank One Pension policy is an essential policy that ensures equal pension benefits for retired armed forces personnel. The government should continue to make sure that policy is implemented efficiently. The One Rank One Pension policy was implemented to solve the gap between the past rate of pension and current pensioners
OROP Revision Table 2023
|Rank||Pension as of 1st January 2016||Revised Pension w.e.f. 1st July 2019||Likely Arrears from 1st July 2019 to 30th June 2022|