Swasthya Sathi Scheme:- The Swasthya Sathi Scheme is a healthcare initiative launched by the Government of West Bengal. The scheme aims to provide financial protection and access to quality healthcare services to the residents of West Bengal. It is a comprehensive health coverage scheme that offers cashless treatment for various medical expenses. The Chief Minister of West Bengal was launched on December 30th, 2016. The scheme covers all residents of West Bengal, including their family members. The coverage extends to both rural and urban areas of the state.
Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2023
The state government has totally funded the scheme and it is completely cashless, paperless, and Smart Card based. The Swasthya Sathi Scheme has been designed to provide financial help and ensure affordable healthcare services for the residents of West Bengal. It will reduce the financial burden on families during medical emergencies and improve access to quality healthcare facilities. The scheme will prove beneficial for thousands of people in the state. Through this scheme, the state government wants to enhance the healthcare facilities in the state.
Swasthya Sathi Scheme Overview
|Name of the article||Swasthya Sathi Scheme|
|Launched By||West Bengal|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of West Bengal|
|Aim||To provide health care facilities|
Swasthya Sathi Scheme Objective
The main motive of the state government to launch this scheme is to provide health coverage to the residents of West Bengal. It aims to ensure that every individual and their family members have access to essential healthcare services without facing financial hurdles.
Swasthya Sathi Scheme Benefits
- The scheme aims to protect families from high medical expenses and healthcare costs. It will provide cashless treatment and coverage for hospitalization expenses.
- The Swasthya Sathi Scheme will improve access to quality healthcare services for the residents of West Bengal.
- By impaneling hospitals and healthcare providers across the state, the scheme makes sure that beneficiaries can avail themselves of necessary medical treatments at authorized facilities without worrying about financial restrictions.
- The scheme will streamline healthcare services by creating a network of impaneled hospitals and healthcare providers.
- According to the scheme, all the treatments will be paperless, and cashless, and will be based on smart cards.
- It aims to enhance the overall health and well-being of the people of West Bengal.
- The best part of the scheme is that it covers pre-existing conditions from day one of enrolment. This includes diseases and conditions that beneficiaries had before joining the scheme.
- There is no need to pay any premium and under this scheme 24×7 call support is available.
Functions of the Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Claim Settlement
- Health records of patients
- Large Network of Hospitals
- Compulsory pre-authorization
- Complete Cashless Hospitalization
- Monthly Analytical Report
- Transport Allowance
- Toll-free Call Centre and social media
- Mobile App
- SMS Alert
- Coverage of pre-existing Diseases
- No Cap on Family Size
- No Contribution
- IT Platform
Swasthya Sathi Scheme Statistics
|Families Covered||2 Crores+|
Procedure To Apply Online Under Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2023
- Firstly, go to the official website of the Swasthya Sathi scheme,https://swasthyasathi.gov.in/
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- Then click on apply online option on the home page.
- Now you will see a new page on the screen.
- Enter all the required details on the screen.
- Then attach all the required documents.
- Next, click on submit option on the screen.
Procedure To Do Hospital Registration
- Visit the official website of the Swasthya Sathi scheme.
- The home page of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the Apply Online option on the home page.
- After that click on the hospital registration option on the screen.
- You will see a form on the screen.
- Fill out the form by entering all the required information such as state name, District name, NABH accredited, hospital type, category of the hospital, specialty name, and hospital name.
- Then click on the submit option on the screen.
Steps to Check the Hospital Registration Status
- Go to the official website of the Swasthya Sathi scheme.
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- Click on the Apply Online option on the screen.
- After that click on check hospital registration status.
- You will see a new page on the screen.
- Then you have to enter a registered mobile number on this new page.
- Then click on the search option on the screen.
- At last, you will see the Hospital registration status on the screen.
Procedure To View Name in Beneficiary List
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the Swasthya Sathi scheme.
- The home page of the website will appear on the screen.
- Click on the Find your name option on the home page.
- Enter your mobile number and OTP in the space given.
- Then click on submit option on the screen.
- Finally, relevant details will be seen on the screen.
Procedure To View Hospital Information
- Go to the official website of the scheme.
- You will reach the home page of the website.
- Click on the hospital information option on the home page.
- You will see four categories: Active hospital list, Hospital HR details, Hospital facility details, and Hospital service details.
- Then you will see a new form on the screen.
- Fill out the form by entering enter the required details.
- At last, click on submit option on the screen.
- You will see relevant details on the screen.