Open Government Data Portal:- An Open Government Data Portal is an online platform that provides access to a wide range of government data and information to the public. These portals are designed to promote transparency, accountability, and citizen engagement by making government data easily accessible and usable. The National Informatics Centre (NIC) designed this portal for the betterment of the people. This program is one of the initiatives under Pillar 6 (Information for All) of the Digital India plan. With the portal features, it will be making it easy for people to take part in the further development of the product.
Open Government Data Portal 2023
The portal has a user-friendly interface that is good for all. After making government data easily accessible and usable, this online platform encourages a culture of openness, enables evidence-based decision-making, and will simplify the relationship between governments and citizens. The NIC has created this portal under the Indian Open Data Policy (NDSAP). The portal also works as a knowledge-sharing platform and interested residents can contribute blogs and join online forums around many datasets or their domain of interest.
Open Government Data Portal 2023 Overview
|Name of the article||Open Government Data Portal|
|Designed By||National Informatics Centre|
|Beneficiaries||People of India|
|Aim||To make it easy for the public to access government-owned shareable data.|
Open Government Data Portal Objective
The main aim of starting the Open Government Data Portal is to improve transparency in government operations. Transparency enables accountability and helps to build trust between the government and its citizens. The government wants to make it easy for the residents to access government-owned shareable data and information.
Open Government Data Portal Benefits
- The portal will promote transparency by making government data easily accessible to the public. This improves accountability as people can monitor government activities and track public spending.
- The Portal access to reliable and latest information.
- The portal helps in economic growth and innovation by providing entrepreneurs, businesses, and developers with valuable data. Access to government data will encourage the development of innovative applications, and services. This promotes entrepreneurship, creates job opportunities, and promotes economic development.
- The online platform will be able to build maps and many chart types, like radar, bar, line, area, pie, and column charts.
- Open data portals encourage citizen engagement and participation in governance. By providing accessible data, citizens can analyze information and actively take part in public discussions. This will strengthen democracy and facilitates collaborative decision-making between governments and citizens.
- It also helps in contributing to improving public services.
- After analyzing data on government operations and service delivery, policymakers will be able to find out areas for improvement and enhance the quality and efficiency of public services.
- The online platform improves the discovery and use of public datasets with the help of app development, and visualization.
- The Open Government Data Portal has a good web layout as it makes its services accessible on many desktop and mobile devices.
Procedure to Register on the Open Government Data Portal
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the Portal,https://data.gov.in/
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- Click on the Register option on the home page.
- You will see the registration form on the screen.
- Fill out the form by entering all the required details such as name, email id, country, date of birth, gender, etc
- Now click on the Create New Account option on the screen.
Steps to Login on Open Government Data Portal
- Visit the official website of the Portal
- The homepage of the website will appear in front of you.
- Click on the Login option on the screen.
- After that, the login page will appear on the screen.
- You will see two login options on the screen Login with OTP and Login with Password
- If you choose to log in with OTP, you must enter your registered email id or mobile number.
- Then you will receive an OTP on the registered email id or mobile number.
- Now you have to enter the received OTP option and then click on the Login option on the screen.
- If you choose to log in with a password, then you have to enter your registered email id or mobile number and the password in the space given.
- At last, click on the login option on the screen.
Procedure to Give Feedback
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the Portal
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Feedback option on the home page.
- You will see the feedback form on the screen.
- After that fill in the form by entering all the required details such as name, email id, category, feedback details, etc
- At last, click on the Submit option on the screen.