Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme:- Government keeps on launching many schemes to support people. So, this time the Odisha government started a new Nai Pahal Scheme for newlywed couples. This is one step of the state government towards population control. According to the scheme, the newlywed couples will be getting the wedding kits from the state government. The “Wedding Kit” can be considered as a wedding gift to the couple. The wedding kits contain a booklet on methods and benefits of family planning, marriage registration forms, condoms, and oral and emergency contraceptives.
Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme 2023
The new initiative of the state government will motivate newlywed couples to do family planning. With the help of the scheme, the state government wants to create awareness among young couples to adopt temporary and long-term methods of family planning. The state government started this scheme under the National Health Mission (NHM). Odisha is the first state in the country to launch this type of scheme for family planning.
Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme 2023 Overview
|Name of the article
|Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme
|To control the population of the state.
|To control population of the state.
|Government of Odisha
|Mode of application
Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme Objective
The main aim of the state government to start the Scheme is to make young couples aware of the temporary and permanent methods of family planning. The schemes want the newly married couple to do family planning. Through this scheme, the state government also wants to control the population of the state. The wedding kit that will be gifted from the state government will have a letter of congratulations and contact details of local health professionals, ASHA and ANM. The Ministry of Health also plans to start family planning counseling services in all operational city primary health centers.
Nai Pahal Scheme Benefits
- The scheme will be helping in controlling the overall population rate of the state.
- With the help of the scheme, the newly married couple will be given suggestions and advice regarding family planning.
- A wedding kit will be given as a gift to the newly married couple.
- After receiving the wedding kit, couples can at least give thought to using the kit.
- This new initiative will prove beneficial for young couples who are not educated, as they will be given guidance.
Details of Wedding Kits
- Booklet about the techniques and benefits of family planning.
- A marriage registration form.
- Condoms, oral contraceptive pills (OCPs).
- Emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs).
- Home pregnancy test kit.
- Bride grooming packages like a comb, Bindi, nail cutter, mirror, handkerchief, and towel.
Procedure to get Wedding Kits Under Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme
Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHA) have been given the responsibility to distribute wedding kits to newly wedded young couples. The ASHA workers have been asked to advise the couple to use family planning methods. The ASHAs will be going to the newly wedded couple’s homes and will give the wedding kit to them. The ASHA workers are also asked to check the success of the kit.