Sevana Pension is a social welfare pension scheme implemented by the Government of Kerala. It provides financial assistance to eligible individuals who are senior citizens, widows, persons with disabilities, agricultural workers, and unmarried women above 50 years of age. Kerala’s social welfare and labor departments have the responsibility to provide Sevana Pensions to their eligible citizens. The pension will be given to the eligible beneficiaries so that they can become independent and can pay for their basic needs. The scheme aims to improve the quality of life and ensure a basic income for those who are unable to support themselves properly.
Sevana Pension Scheme 2023
The pension amount will provide basic support for the living expenses of the beneficiaries. Individuals have to meet eligibility criteria and can apply for the Sevana Pension scheme through the prescribed application process. Sevana Pension offers different categories of pensions based on the needs of the beneficiaries. Some common pensions are the Agricultural worker’s pension, Indira Gandhi National old-age pension, and Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension scheme-mentally/physically challenged. According to this scheme, the pension amount will be Rs 1500 per month.
Sevana Pension 2023 Overview
|Name of the article||Sevana Pension|
|Launched by||Government of Kerala|
|Beneficiaries||Senior citizens, widows, persons with disabilities, and unmarried women above 50 years of age.|
|Aim||To provide financial support in the form of a pension|
Objective of the Sevana Pension Scheme
The main aim of the state government to launch this scheme is to provide social security and financial assistance to the people who are in need of it like senior citizens, widows, persons with disabilities, agricultural workers, and unmarried women above 50 years of age. The scheme aims to ensure the well-being and social welfare of individuals who are unable to support themselves adequately due to various factors such as age, disability, and widowhood. It provides financial security to those who are not financially fit.
Sevana Pension Benefits
- Sevana Pension will provide a basic income to eligible individuals that will ensure a level of financial security. It helps eligible beneficiaries to meet their daily expenses, healthcare needs, and other essential requirements.
- The scheme will allow beneficiaries
- to make choices and decisions regarding their well-being, healthcare, and other aspects of life.
- With the help of the scheme, the dignity, and independence of the receivers will be enhanced.
- The focus of the Sevana Pension scheme is on specific categories of individuals who are most in need of financial support, like senior citizens, widows, and persons with disabilities.
- It specifically addresses the needs of senior citizens by providing them with financial assistance during their post-retirement phase.
- The quality of life for beneficiaries will be improved after receiving financial assistance.
- It will reduce dependence on family members or charitable organizations for financial support.
Types of Pensions under the Sevana Pension Scheme
- Agricultural worker’s pension
- Indira Gandhi National old-age pension
- Indira Gandhi National disability pension scheme-mentally/physically challenged
- Pension for unmarried women above 50 years of age
- Indira Gandhi National widow pension scheme
Sevana Pension Statistics
|DBT Distribution (Amount)||30,734.94 crore|
|DBT Distribution (Number)||12.57 crore|
|Number of beneficiaries||4,868,137|
|Those who have registered Aadhar||4,849,262|
- Ration card
- Aadhar card
- Disability certificate
- Birth certificate
- Residence proof
- Caste certificate
- Bank account details
- Latest Passport size photograph
- Active Mobile number
Procedure to Apply for Agricultural Worker Pension Scheme
- Firstly, go to the official website of the Sevana pension scheme,https://welfarepension.lsgkerala.gov.in/
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- Click on the download option on the home page.
- Now click on the application forms option.
- Then you will see the agricultural workers’ pension option, click on it.
- The application form will open on the screen.
- Download this form and take a print of it.
- Fill out the application form by entering all the required information.
- Then attach all the required documents.
- Lastly, submit this form to the concerned gram Panchayat municipality
- After submitting the form, the inquiry will be done and the pension will be approved.
Steps to Login on Sevana Pension Portal
- Visit the official website of the Sevana pension scheme
- The home page of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the login option on the home page.
- Then you will see a new page on the screen.
- Enter a username, password, and captcha code in the space given.
- After that click on the login option.
- By following these steps, you can log in to the portal.
Procedure to Search Pension
- Firstly, visit the official website of the Sevana pension scheme.
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- Then you have to click on pension search.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Then select your search category option.
- After that enter the information.
- At last, click on the search option.
- You will see pension search information on the screen.
If any individual needs any additional information, then they can contact on the below mentioned details-:
Helpline Number- 0471-2327526, 180042511800
Email Id- email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org