Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme 2023:- There is great news for the students as soon they will be getting laptops. The government of Karnataka come up with a new scheme that will provide the benefit of laptops to students. The state government started the Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme with the aim to provide laptops to all 12th-pass students. It is necessary for the students to have passed class 12th. If the students are from Karnataka state and have passed class 12th then they can apply for the scheme.
Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme 2023
The concerned authorities have made the registration form available at dce.karnataka.gov.in. Under this scheme, the state government also decided to give laptops to students who are pursuing higher education like medical, and engineering. The scheme was started in 2020 to promote digital education in Karnataka state. The scheme is offering laptops to first-year degree students every year. These efforts of the state government will improve the education system. After receiving the laptops poor students will be motivated to work hard and pursue higher studies.
Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme Details
|Name of the scheme||Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme|
|Launched by||Karnataka government|
|Aim||To provide laptops to 12th-pass students.|
|Beneficiaries||Students of Karnataka state|
|Article category||Karnataka Government Scheme|
Objective of Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme
The main aim to start the scheme is to give technical education to students who are from poor families and cannot afford laptops. The scheme will also motivate students to perform well in the 12th board as after that they will be given laptops.
Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme Benefits
- With the help of the scheme, the state government will be giving various incentives to the students.
- Students of reputable colleges and Polytechnic institutes will also be receiving benefits from the scheme.
- More than 1.50 lakh individuals of ST and SC categories will be supported by this scheme.
- The laptops in the range of Rs 32,000 to Rs 35,000 will be distributed by the state government.
- It will encourage education among students and will help in giving a better lifestyle.
- The scheme will promote digital education in students.
List Of Eligible Courses
The courses that are applicable under the scheme are mentioned below-:
- Medical studies
- Polytechnic colleges
- Studying in First Grade Colleges
- Postgraduate courses
Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- An individual should belong to Karnataka state.
- Individuals from any category is allowed to apply for the scheme.
- It is necessary for the students to have passed class 12th.
- Students who will be soon pursuing an undergraduate degree at the government college are also permitted to apply for this scheme.
Documents Required to Apply
- Caste Certificate.
- Income Certificate.
- Latest Passport size photograph
- Aadhaar Card for identity
- Domicile Certificate of Karnataka
- Bank Account linked with Aadhaar Card.
- Educational Certificate like 12th pass.
List of Eligible Colleges
Procedure of Application of Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme
- Firstly, go to the official website i.e. https://dce.karnataka.gov.in./
- The home page of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the Laptop Scheme option on the home page.
- Select the option for the scheme application form.
- After that, the application form will open on the screen.
- Download it by clicking on the “download” option on the screen.
- Fill up the application form by entering all asked details correctly.
- Now you have to Attach all the asked documents.
- Recheck the filled form before final submission.
- At last, submit the form to the Karnataka educational board.